Dave Sanchez, Owner/Managing Attorney
Unique Experience & Insight to Protect Your Rights
Dave Sanchez is a native of San Antonio, Texas. He received his Juris Doctor degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2004 and his Undergraduate Criminal Justice degree from the University of Texas San Antonio. During Law School Dave was a member of The International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi and received the Excellence for the Future Award for achievements in the study of Legal Research and Writing.
Dave’s legal career began prior to law school as a member of the United States Navy where he attended Naval Justice School and served as support staff for both the Navy and the Marine Corps Judge Advocate General’s Corps. He has also gained valuable legal experience in his service as a Police Officer for the City of Dallas, Texas and in his service as an Assistant Criminal District Attorney in Comal County, Texas.
Real Life Training and Experience on Your Side
Dave’s education and experience allow our clients the benefit of a unique blend of both a quality legal education and real life legal experience in and out of the courtroom. His experience as both a Police Officer and Prosecutor allow him to utilize his wealth of insider experience in the criminal justice system to defend you aggressively and determine if mistakes were made in police investigations. He understands both the strategies and procedures that both prosecutors and police officers utilize and will put his real life training and experience to work for you.
Hundreds of Cases Handled
Dave has successfully handled hundreds of cases both criminal and civil in several counties throughout Texas. He is a member of the Texas State Bar and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Awards and Memberships
Dave has dedicated himself to his profession and is committed to keeping his law practice on the cutting edge of the law.
He is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, The Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and American Institute of DUI-DWI Attorneys, San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Dave has also been recognized by the American Institute of DUI/DWI attorneys as one of the 10 Best Attorneys for exceptional and outstanding client service (client satisfaction) in 2016 and 2017.
Dave has completed the following courses:
- November 2016- 12th Annual Stuart Kinard Memorial Advanced DWI Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- October 2015- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and National College of DWI Defense 19th Annual “DWI” Means Defend with Ingenuity
- April 2012- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Instructor Course
- April 2012- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Update Course
- March 2011- 48th Annual Criminal Law Institute
- March 2011- Texas Criminal Trial College in Huntsville, Texas, sponsored by the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Criminal Defense Lawyers Project
- December 2010- Advising Immigrant defendants after Padilla
- October 2010- Understanding, Attacking, and Winning DWI cases
- August 2010- Completion and certification as an Operator of the CMI, Inc., Intoxilyzer 5000 series (Breath Test Machine)
- August 2010- 8th Annual Top Gun DWI
- May 2010- DWI Defense Project
- April 2010- 17th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI cases put on by the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the National College for DUI Defense
- December 2009- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Course
- October 2009- Ultimate DUI Defense: Strategies for the Courtroom Warrior by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- October 2009- Stuart Kinard Memorial Advanced DWI Cross-Examination
- September 2009- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Drug Seminal
- September 2009- Federal Court Practice Seminar
- August 2009- Advanced Training in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests, Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) Vision Science Perspectives
- November 2008- Blood Search Warrants on DWI Refusals